• Responsibility and accountablity for advice and guidance given to relevant business functions within RBWM managing all aspects of regulatory risk.
• Proactively assist senior management in identifying and containing compliance risk.
• Advise and guide CMAT team for them to undertake thematic reviews of the business/activities in order to evaluate compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, codes and internal policy/procedures. Review CMAT reports in a timely manner and provide further guidance/comments where improvements can be made
• Arrange periodic training for the business relating to regulations
• Assist with local/regional/group/regulatory reporting and ad-hoc projects as required.
• Ensure roll out of best practice within the HSBC offices in the Middle East region, and support the offices as required.
• Degree or similar professional qualification
• Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills.
• Preferably 5 to 10 years’ experience in HSBC Group offices. Commercial experience to include financial operations, Trade, General Banking.
• Good knowledge of JFSC and UAE local regulatory requirements.
• Clear written and oral English skills