JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
- Create and type office correspondence using a computer.
- Answer phone calls and record messages.
- Maintain space designated for completing applications and ensure it is clean, well maintained, and accessible to individuals with disabilities.
- Respond to questions, requests, and concerns from employees and management regarding company and Human Resources programs, policies and guidelines.
- Inform Human Resources management of issues related to employee relations within the division or property.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of employee and property records, files, and information.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Maintain recruitment system such as opening and closing positions in a timely manner.
- Perform reference and background check of potential candidates before proceeding with the job offer.
- Follow up on the status of recruited candidates (e.g. reference check, last working day, visa cancellation, etc.)
- Prepare employee contracts and letters of offer.
- Manage flight ticket booking of new hires, associates’ vacation or resigned hosts.
- Coordinate with the housing in charge to ensure that housing allocations are timely and accurate.
- Prepare induction plan and sign offs for all new hires.
- Perform onboarding procedures such as explaining company policies and all HR related information.
- Ensure all associates are active on the employee management system.
- Administer employee separation process such as clearance and exit interviews.
- Manage medical insurance addition, deletion, replacement and transfer requests.
- Raise purchase requisitions, request for quotations as per needed supplies.
- Complete payroll requirements on a monthly basis limited to attendance discrepancies and critical change report.
- Organize events, special gatherings and celebrations such as clinic activities, national days, monthly town hall meetings, staff parties, sports competitions etc.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files.
- Assist and coordinate with the Learning & Development Supervisor all the required by the company and the hotel training sessions.
- Manage local expense reports and ensure that all requests are valid and reimbursed in a timely manner.
- Generate reports from the employee management system when needed.
Safety and Security
Policies and Procedures
Follow company and department policies and procedures.
Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Working with Others
Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Communications and Relations
Respond to questions, requests, and concerns from employees and management regarding company and Human Resources programs, policies and guidelines.
Inform Human Resources management of issues related to employee relations within the division or property.
Hiring - New Employees
Maintain confidentiality and security of employee and property records, files, and information.
Answer phone calls and record messages.
Create and maintain filing systems.
Create and type office correspondence using computer.
Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files (e.g., interview documents, I-9's, reference checks, Drug Free Workplace Policy (DFWP), applicant self-identification forms, department orientation check list).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.